As Laura Vittori, co-founder TWOpointO Consulting discussed in our recent webinar, choosing the right technology partner is essential for personalization success. But making sense of all the options can feel overwhelming.
Below we’ve shared the 13 key questions she recommends you ask any personalization vendor during the evaluation process.
- Can you customize strategies based on your business objectives?
- Can they manage with the data you have and where you have it? Most companies don't have a 360 view of the customer in a single data repository.
- Does the vendor integrate easily with your technology stack?
- Does the vendor have existing APIs with tools or platforms you need?
- Do they support cross-channel personalization?
- Is their solution rules-based or adaptive machine learning?
- If you're implementing a one-to-one real-time solution, confirm that data is ingested and used in real time.
- Make sure they can articulate how to measure success and what metrics are available to do so.
- How does their attribution model work, and does it make sense to you?
- Can you use custom KPIs?
- How long does their cookie last?
- How will the vendor integrate with your other analytical tools?
- How long until you can run your first test or campaign?
We love great questions! Schedule a Monetate consultation to learn how we answer these questions and more.