Last Updated May 2015
Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect
In the course of operating the Website, Monetate will collect the following types of information.
- Personal Information
When you request information about our products and services or sign up to receive information from us, you may be required to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name, company, title, address, e-mail address, and phone number. We do not collect any personal information from you when you access and use the Website unless you provide such information voluntarily. All information we collect and/or receive under this section is collectively called “Personal Information.”
- Other Information.
In addition to the Personal Information, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From Your Activity. Information that we or our technology providers may automatically collect when you visit, access, and/or use the Website, such as your IP addresses, Internet service provider, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Website you visit, number of links you click while on the Website, search terms, and operating system.
- Third Party Service Providers. “Our third-party service providers may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other web sites, mobile websites and/or mobile applications across your various devices, in order to provide content and advertisements about goods and services of interest to you across those various devices. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices with respect to it, please: (1) visit the DAA opt-out program available at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or the Evidon opt-out program available at http://www.ghosteryenterprise.com/global-opt-out to learn how to opt out of having your information collected in browsers for ad serving purposes; and (2) download the Ghostery Ad Control application, available for iOS and Android, to learn how to opt out of having your information collected in mobile apps.”
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to administer our rewards and promotional programs; to improve our Website and services to you; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services.
We may also use and/or share Information as described below.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand visitors to our Website and our products and services, we may analyze the Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website and/or our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- In order to provide our services and administer our rewards and promotional programs, we may share your Personal Information and Other Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs.
- If you have opted out of our ability to use your e-mail address, as set forth on the Website, we may share your decision to opt out with third parties to effectuate that decision.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Monetate or others.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
Visitors who have provided Personal Information to us may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to the same by following the instructions found on the Website. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Monetate marketing e-mail or by following the instructions found on the Website. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Website may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents/Safe Harbor Certification
Monetate complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Monetate has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Monetate’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Monetate does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
How to Contact Us